Tuesday, January 11, 2011

(One of) the way(s) of the future


Now, I don't consider myself particularly web-savvy, but I do like to stay up-to-date with what's being made available online which is going to make my life better, and make my clients' stuff as cutting edge as possible. I don't think I know what HTML stands for and quite frankly, I don't care. What I do know, is that Flash (the thing that makes some fancy websites animate and what-not) is a royal pain in the butt. It takes ages to load, and doesn't work at all on my iPhone.

Enter HTML5. I don't know what the H, the T, the M, the L or the 5 stands for, but I know it makes my life easier, my web browsing quicker and me generally happier. Apparently it's the thing which is going to make viewing videos sooooo much better online from here on in. So I can watch all the Double Rainbow home videos I want without having to wait for anything to load. Hurrah!

Above is a little drawing I did using some HTML5 code at this site: http://mrdoob.com. Have a play, it's a lot of fun. Would love to see some other creations... feel free to email them through!

No comments:

Post a Comment