Sunday, April 29, 2012

Kitchen by Mike



Upon Kass's recommendation recently I ventured out to Rosebery to see for myself the visual spectacle that is Kitchen By Mike. I'd like to say I happened upon this wondrous design showroom slash cafe, but in all honesty I had to hunt it down. This amazing little eatery accompanies the Koskela showroom and was opened earlier this year by former Rockpool chef Michael McEnearney. The open plan kitchen means visitors can watch as food is prepared – a handy distraction as the line to be served is a tad slow. Meals are served by portions, ie one would order a $3.50 serving of coleslaw to compliment the $7.50 serving of pork belly. Don't bother planning your meal choice before you go, though; the menu changes daily according to what fresh produce can be sourced. Although, if you're keen I believe that their Facebook page is updated regularly with what food can be found.

1 comment: