Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mary Kate McDevitt






Every so often, I find myself dreaming about another life to be had. In this life, I live in a pretty but humble little house with a sunny verandah where I sit each morning to drink gentle herbal tea, and eat fresh figs and rustic sourdough from the local bakery. In this dream, I don't of course have to worry about meeting client deadlines or changing a logo twenty times before it's approved. I have all the time in the world, so I choose to spend it tinkering away with my paints, inks and pencils creating mind-blowing hand-drawn typography pieces, day after day. 

Unfortunately, I think I'm still at least a few years off fulfilling that dream. Until then, I'll swoon over clever and charming unique typographic studies created by people like Mary Kate McDevitt. Who probably lives in an urban apartment like me and simply makes making beautiful things like this a priority amidst the daily grind.

No comments:

Post a Comment